Hi everyone,

>From its inception (at least AFAIK), application mode for native Kubernetes
has always created "unmanaged" pods for task managers. I would like to know
if there are any specific benefits to this, or if on the other hand there
are specific reasons not to use Kubernetes Deployments instead.

In my case, I ask for a very specific reason. With the current approach, it
is almost impossible to determine if a task manager crash was due to an OOM
kill, given that there isn't any kind of history for the unmanaged pods.

I could add that these TM pods also confuse Argo CD and their state is
always "progressing". That's not so critical, but I don't know if anyone
else finds that odd.

I would be happy to know what others think.

Regards,
Alexis.