Hello,

Can you please share views about below mail?

Rgds,
Kamal

From: Kamal Mittal via user <user@flink.apache.org>
Sent: 28 July 2023 07:59 AM
To: Martijn Visser <mvis...@confluent.io>
Cc: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: RE: Custom TCP server socket source

Hello Martijn,

I followed the same link and created Enumerator but that enumerator looks like
opens ServerSocket in task manager via custom source rather than at job
manager. Attached the very rough custom source code.

FlinkClientApp – Main program
SSLServerCustomSocketStreamFunction_Copy – custom source
SocketEnumerator – Implementation of SplitEnumerator

In below diagram taken from flink custom source link only, it is said that
enumerator works over job manager but how it is attached/scheduled over job
manager? I am thinking to open ServerSocket at job manager and then accept
Socket connections (Socket object) as split (unbounded) in respective source
readers (task managers).

Please share your views.
[cid:image001.png@01D9C387.49D33500]

Rgds,