Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply!

> 1 - It seems for flink job using flink operator to realize autoscaling, the
> only option to realize autoscaling is to enable the Autoscaler feature, and
> KEDA won’t work, right?

What is KEDA mean?

-> KEDA is a Kubernetes based Event Driven Autoscaler. I found some examples
using Flink’s previous Reactive mode + KEDA to realize autoscaling. So if
Autoscaler is enabled, is it still necessary to create KEDA resources? I think
TaskManager instances are created and destroyed by the Flink JobManager now,
and aren’t in a replication controller, so they can't be “scaled up” using
traditional Kubernetes techniques like KEDA.
Could you please help confirm? Thank you!

 --------------

> 2 - I noticed from the document that we need to upgrade to flink version of
> 1.17 to use Autoscaler. But I also noticed that the updated version for flink
> operator is 1.7 now.
Shall we upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.7 to enable Autoscaler?

I have checked the flink-kubernetes-operator projection pom for release-1.5
branch, the dependency flink version is 1.16.1. So I recommend you update your
flink-kubernetes-operator to 1.6. The latest stable release is 1.6.
-> Thank you, so the dependency flink version of flink-kubernetes-operator
version-1.6 is 1.17?  Our current flink version is 1.16.1, so does it mean we
need to:
1 – Update flink version to 1.17
2 – Update flink operator version to 1.6?
Could you please help confirm? Thank you!

Oh I have another question from the email, please have a look:
3 – Could you please provide a list of metrics observed by Autoscaler
automatically?

  *   Will it include CPU load, memory, throughput and kafka consumer lag?
  *   Is there any configurations related to kafka consumer lag that we can
setup to scale job by making Autoscaler monitor it? Like some threshold?

Thanks a lot for the help!!

Best,
Lijuan