Dear Apache Flink community,

When I run Flink locally in my test cases on my Mac, I observe different
behavior compared to running it in my Docker-backed build instance or using
the official Docker-compose image. The processes complete as expected when
i run it in-process but not always when i use docker. I'm using the
datastream file connector with the table api. Specifically, I'm observing
these two behaviors:

1. The file source appears to not always read all of the files that are in
my source directory. There are 3 files that I'm reading in a directory. It
will sometimes skip one, seemingly at random.

2. When I do a join on the kafka source, the process that does the join
will quickly stop emitting data and the file source process appears to end.
The file source process never emits a final watermark before it ends. It
works correctly when I use the file monitor and configure it to emit
watermarks at an interval.

I'm not sure if these two issues are related. Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Daniel Henneberger