Yes it would be used by app developers who are developing a Flink application.

From: liu ron <ron9....@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 19 September 2023 at 03:04
To: "Kartoglu, Emre" <kar...@amazon.co.uk>, "user@flink.apache.org"
<user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Maven plugin to detect issues in Flink projects

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you can confirm the sender and know the
content is safe.

Ok, you mean this plugin is used by app developer in their app?

Best,
Ron

Kartoglu, Emre <kar...@amazon.co.uk<mailto:kar...@amazon.co.uk>> 于2023年9月18日周一
16:23写道:
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the feedback.

For instance, Kinesis connector versions 1.15.3 and below (for Flink 1.15) have
a known bug that can lead to a deadlock. The plugin will warn the user (or fail
the build) if app developers are using Kinesis connector 1.15.3 or below (and
Flink 1.15).

Another example is the MSK IAM Auth library. There is a known bug related to
classloaders which, once triggered, lead to Flink apps restarting continuously.
The plugin detects if the version of the MSK IAM Auth lib being used is a buggy
one and warns the developer or fails the build.

I understand the use of word “compatibility” is probably misleading here. The
idea is to make this a database of known issues detectable during
build/packaging. It’ll be a collaborative effort!

Thanks
Emre