Dear Flink Community,

 I am using Flink 1.18, Java 17 and Flink Kubernetes Operator 1.6.1 to
deploy my app in a Kubernetes cluster, using FlinkDeployment CR. When the
application starts up I get the error:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make field private
final java.lang.Object[] java.util.Arrays$ArrayList.a accessible: module
java.base does not "opens java.util" to unnamed module @1cab0bfb

I have tried to add JAVA_OPTS in the Dockerfile that builds the image with
my code,

 ENV JAVA_OPTS="--add-opens java.base/java.util=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens
java.base/java.time=ALL-UNNAMED"

but without any luck; it seems that Flink does not pick up those values.

Could you advise on the proper way to address this issue?

Best,
Fourais