Hello,

We seem to be encountering a bug wherein we see the error
TopicAuthorizationException: Not authorized to access topics: [topic] for a
topic wave R/W/D access to the topic and are using the correct principal
(MTLS auth). The only somewhat related FLINK bug I found was FLINK-27041
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-27041>. Some partitions are
empty, but we are running a newer version of Flink (1.16.1).

Are there any suggestions on what else to check?

*Full stack trace:*

java.lang.RuntimeException: One or more fetchers have encountered exception
at org.apache.flink.connector.base.source.reader.fetcher.SplitFetcherManager
.checkErrors(SplitFetcherManager.java:225)
at org.apache.flink.connector.base.source.reader.SourceReaderBase
.getNextFetch(SourceReaderBase.java:169)
at org.apache.flink.connector.base.source.reader.SourceReaderBase.pollNext(
SourceReaderBase.java:130)
at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.SourceOperator.emitNext(
SourceOperator.java:385)
at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.io.StreamTaskSourceInput.emitNext(
StreamTaskSourceInput.java:68)
at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.io.StreamOneInputProcessor
.processInput(StreamOneInputProcessor.java:65)
at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.processInput(
StreamTask.java:542)
at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.mailbox.MailboxProcessor
.runMailboxLoop(MailboxProcessor.java:231)
at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.runMailboxLoop(
StreamTask.java:831)
at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask
.java:780)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.runWithSystemExitMonitoring(
Task.java:935)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.restoreAndInvoke(Task.java:914)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.doRun(Task.java:728)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:550)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: SplitFetcher thread 0 received
unexpected exception while polling the records
at org.apache.flink.connector.base.source.reader.fetcher.SplitFetcher
.runOnce(SplitFetcher.java:150)
at org.apache.flink.connector.base.source.reader.fetcher.SplitFetcher.run(
SplitFetcher.java:105)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors
.java:515)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
... 1 more
Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TopicAuthorizationException:

--
RAZIN BOUZAR
Monitoring Cloud | Salesforce

<https://smart.salesforce.com/sig/rbouzar//us_mb/default/link.html>