> built a fat uber jar from quickstart with Flink 1.18.0 for
> flink-streaming-java and flink-clients, and flink-connector-kafka version
> 3.0.1-1.18
> then submitted to local Flink cluster 1.18.0. Things worked as expected and
> the job ran fine.
Hey,@Gordan
I guess things may work as expected when you submit your fat jar job to
cluster, because  flink-connector-base (1.18.0 in this case) has been included
to flink-dist jar [1] which will appear in your classpath,  but it may meet
issue when you run in local IDE environment, maybe you can have a local test to
verify this.

In the end, I think we need to backport FLINK-30400 to the Flink Kafka
connector 3.0 branch and prepare a 3.0.2 soon.

Best,
Leonard
[1]
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/977463cce3ea0f88e2f184c30720bf4e8e97fd4a/flink-dist/pom.xml#L156