Hello,

I am implementing proof of concepts based Flink realtime streaming
solutions.

I came across below lines in out-of-the-box Flink Kafka connector documents.

*https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/connectors/datastream/kafka/*
<https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/connectors/datastream/kafka/>

*Consumer Offset Committing #
<https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/connectors/datastream/kafka/#consumer-offset-committing>*

*Kafka source commits the current consuming offset when checkpoints
are completed, for ensuring the consistency between Flinkā€™s checkpoint
state and committed offsets on Kafka brokers*.

How is Flink able to control the callbacks from checkpointing? Is there a
way to override this into my implementations. I have multiple upstream
sources to connect to depending on the business model which are not Kafka.
Based on criticality of the system and publisher dependencies, we cannot
switch to Kafka for these. So I was hoping to do the same which kafka
connector is doing.

Cheers,

JR