Hello,

I have a use case where I need to do a cache file deletion after a
successful sunk operation(writing to db). My Flink pipeline is built using
Java. I am contemplating using Java completableFuture.runasync() to perform
the file deletion activity. I am wondering what issues this might cause in
terms of thread management and next event processing.

Also related to the same usecase, in another Flink pipeline. I might need
to do this cache file deletion in a timed fashion. For example, every five
minutes  I have to check for cache files that are older than currently
opened cache file that is serving some data into the Sink function. All old
cache files that are in closed status need to be deleted in a timely manner.

All this deletion has to happen asynchronously without blocking the flow of
events from Flink source to sink.
Also, based on requirement, I cannot make the whole Sink operation async. I
have to make the file based cache  deletion alone async inside the Sink
function.

Does Flink support timers or async blocks?

Any inputs  will be highly helpful.

Thanks,
JB