Yes, the exact offset position will also be committed when doing the savepoint.

Best,
Zhanghao Chen
________________________________
From: Lei Wang <leiwang...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2024 16:54
To: Zhanghao Chen <zhanghao.c...@outlook.com>; ruanhang1...@gmail.com
<ruanhang1...@gmail.com>
Cc: user <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Force to commit kafka offset when stop a job.

Thanks Zhanghao && Hang.

I am familiar with the flink savepoint feature. The exact offset position is
stored in savepoint and the job can be resumed from the savepoint using the
offset position that is stored in it.
But I am not sure whether the exact offset position is committed to kafka when
doing savepoint. If the answer is yes, i can ensure no repeat consumption even
the state is incompatible because i can stop with savepoint and submit the job
without savepoint
Thanks,
Lei

On Thu, Jun 6, 2024 at 10:50 AM Zhanghao Chen