Folks,
I had intended to add additional context to the release email and I must
admit it totally slipped my mind at the last moment! Allow me to do that
now.

Apache Flume 1.2.0 is the third release under the auspices of Apache of the
so-called "NG" codeline, and our first release as a top-level Apache
project! Flume 1.2.0 has been put through many stress and regression tests,
is stable, production-ready software, and is backwards-compatible with
Flume 1.1.0.

Four months of very active development went into this release: a whopping
192 patches were committed since 1.1.0, representing many features,
enhancements, and bug fixes. While the full change log can be found in the
link below, here are a few new feature highlights:

* New durable file channel
* New client API
* New HBase sinks (two different implementations)
* New Interceptor interface (a plugin processing API)
* New JMX-based monitoring support

Below is the list of the people who either reported or fixed a JIRA ticket
during the Flume 1.2.0 development cycle:

Alexander Alten-Lorenz
Arvind Prabhakar
Brock Noland
Bruno Mahé
Eric Sammer
Hari Shreedharan
Inder Singh
Jarek Jarcec Cecho
Joe Crobak
Juhani Connolly
Kathleen Ting
Leslin (Hong Xiang Lin)
Mike Percy
Mingjie Lai
Mubarak Seyed
Otis Gospodnetic
Patrick Wendell
Prasad Mujumdar
Rajesh Koilpillai
Will McQueen

(source: <http://s.apache.org/uy>)

Kudos to all the folks who contributed patches, testing, documentation, web
site development, and bug reports, as well as all the users who have
provided suggestions and feedback. Well done!

Regards,
Mike