One after the other but you are right, I am using  deletePolicy=immediate but I
thought Flume would keep track in memory of the processed files. Thanks.

De: Israel Ekpo <isr...@aicer.org<mailto:isr...@aicer.org>>
Responder a: Flume User List
<user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>>
Fecha: miércoles, 22 de mayo de 2013 08:33
Para: Flume User List <user@flume.apache.org<mailto:user@flume.apache.org>>
Asunto: Re: Spooling and duplicated files

When were these two files added?

This recommendation is made so that Flume does not attempt to process files
that are currently being written to.

It could be possible that the original file was already processed and renamed
(with the suffix added to the original name) and then a new file is added to
the spooling directory after this change.

If Flume is currently working on a file and you write to this file while things
are in progress, you will encounter an exception that will stop the agent.

On 21 May 2013 09:11, ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ
<zora...@tid.es<mailto:zora...@tid.es>> wrote:
>From User Guide I read:

"This channel expects that only immutable, uniquely named files are dropped in
the spooling directory. If duplicate names are used, or files are modified
while being read, the source will fail with an error message. For some use
cases this may require adding unique identifiers (such as a timestamp) to log
file names when they are copied into the spooling directory."

But I added two files with the same name and both were processed correctly. Is
that ok? What am I miss understanding?

Thanks.

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede consultar
nuestra política de envío y recepción de correo electrónico en el enlace
situado más abajo.
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and
receive email on the basis of the terms set out at: