Thorsten Scherler wrote:
I reckon Helena wants a piece of code (maybe a plugin) that looks up
meta-data (meta/foo.xml) and provides links "like" google about authors
and their articles.
Like I understood it she wants to have 2 different pages for that.
e.g. overview page (generated from meta/foo.xml):

Oh, OK. If that is the case then take a look at the seed-business site in SVN head. It does that with resumes for staff, i.e. show me all the staff with skill XYZ. The "clever" bits are in the resume plugin (in whiteboard). It works, but needs improving...

Helena we do not use yet metadata in forrest. What you are planing to do
would IMO be a good plugin, but you would need to write it. AFAIK nobody
have done that before. Besides that it is far more then a user question
and should better discussed on dev.

Actually, Tim recently committed an example plugin to our whiteboard that uses meta-data to do this, it looks like a better way of achieving what I did with the Resume plugin, but I've not got around to looking at how to integrate it yet.

These two whiteboard plugins would be a great starting point for Helena, if Thorsten has interpreted the question correctly and this is indeed what you want to do you could take a look at that and join us on the dev list to extend its functionlaity.

Ross