Ross,

Thanks again for your quick help. We've got a little bit of cross-talk going on right now as our emails cross each other.

First of all, I'm up and running. (I'm debugging the placement of raw content -- raw-content-dir doesn't seem to work as I'd expect -- and I'll have everything in hand.)

However, I want to address the issues that I've raised. I will be offline starting in a while, but I will pick this up again in 28 hours.

Ross Gardler wrote:
Moshe Yudkowsky wrote:

I've just found a partial answer to this problem: indeed, the project.skins-dir is being ignored.

Forrest now demands that I use forrest.skins-dir instead. (I found this as a comment in $FORREST_HOME/main/forrest.build.xml.)

???

I have no idea what gives you this impression that is the location for Forrest skins, not project skins.

In $FORREST_HOME/main/forrest.build.xml, there's a comment on line 102: "people should use forrest.properties to override following defaults." The file then goes on to define forrest.skins-dir and forrest.plugins-dir.

The experience I've been having indicates to me project.skins-dir is being ignored in favor of forrest.skins-dir. When I changed forrest.skins-dir in forrest.properties, my system built itself as expected. When I tried using project.skins-dir, my skins were not found.

Furthermore, as I just noted, a "mkdir test; cd test; forrest seed; forrest" fails as the system attempts to place plugins into the $FORREST_HOME file system.

Please let me know if there are any other tests I should be running, or if you'd like me to send you forrest.properties files (directly).

This *may* be an artifact of not accepting anything but relative path names, now that I think of it. If what I'm saying here is complete bilge, please let me know and I'll see if that's really the case.

Without knowing what the error is we can't help.

Sorry about that. This was a "forrest seed; forrest" problem. If I can reproduce it, I will post the error.

Thanks,
 Moshe