Stuart Yeates wrote:
> We've got a problem in which mail is not sent from forrestbot when a
> run in completed. The build and upload work fine. The build file has
> the following properties:
>
>  <property name="notify.email.host" value="smtp.ox.ac.uk"/>
>  <property name="notify.email.to" value="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"/>
>  <property name="notify.administrator" value="Stuart Yeates"/>
>
> The machine can connect to smtp.ox.ac.uk on port 25 via telnet, so
> that's not the issue.
>
> The output (stdout) is:
>
> notify.email:
> Override ignored for property NOW
> Override ignored for property DSTAMP
> Override ignored for property TSTAMP
> Override ignored for property TODAY
> Using plain mail
> Sending email: ForrestBot build for simalbot succeeded
> From Forrestbot
> ReplyTo []
> To [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc []
> Bcc []
> Failed to send email
>
> Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Does anyone know how to turn
> debugging on in org.apache.commons.net (which appears to be where
> things are going wrong)?

Do you have the "notify.on.failure" etc. set in your forrestbot
descriptor? I suppose yes, or it wouldn't be trying to send the mail.

Our docs say that some mailers need "notify.email.from".

http://forrest.apache.org/tools/forrestbot.html#notify.email

The forrestbot on our zone has "notify.email.host" as "localhost".

Our descriptors are in our SVN if that helps for examples:
http://forrest.apache.org/zone.html

Try a test to ensure that you can send mail direct from the
command-line on your server, as the user which runs forrestbot.

That is all that i can think of for now.

-David