On 22/09/2008, at 10:31:47, Sjur Moshagen wrote:

Den 22. sep. 2008 kl. 11.02 skrev Pablo Barrera:

On 19/09/2008, at 21:24:11, Ross Gardler wrote:

Do you really want to fork this code? That gives you the maintenance headache of managing it in the future. Much better would be to propose your modification as a contribution to the Forrest project where any future changes to the plugin will be done in a way that will not break your own modifications.

I am totally agree. But right now the plugin is not finished and in it's current state breaks the tei plugin for everybody else. When it is ready I will be glad to send it to the list but right now I need to have it working with a dirty hack (for example, no configuration options).

Why don't you then just modify the TEI plugin in your local Forrest copy, and use 'ant local-deploy' to make your changes available to Forrest? That way there's no need to a separate plugin location, it is easy to wrap up your changes when you are ready to submit your updates, and in the meantime your hacks are only visislbe to you:)

I was thinking about that also, but I need to deploy the site in a server that is synchronized with forrest trunk.

Thanks

Pablo

--
Pablo Barrera