Glyn Normington wrote:
I am trying to understand the structure of geronimo. I found a useful picture of the class loader hierarchy in Aaron's draft book.

Any pointers as to how the set of subdirectories of geronimo/modules is reflected, if at all, in runtime structure? For example, are all those classes loaded by the org/apache/geronimo/Server class loader?

It isn't really. The modules are independent units of development that deal with a specific function.

"maven site" generated a "dependencies" page describing geronimo as a stand-alone application with no dependencies on any other project. Is this accurate?

No. There are many dependencies.

Sorry for such basic questions - I only started looking at the implementation yesterday. :-)

NP. If you are looking to see what is actually used in the final distribution, the best place to start would be the assembly module that pulls it all together. In the project.xml the dependencies have properties that determine where they end up (lib ot repo).

To determine how these are used look at the deployment plans in that module under src/plan. The <dependency> elements show which jars are pulled in by each classloader. Each plan defines a Configuation and each Configuration is a classloader.

--
Jeremy