On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 10:58:32AM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On May 12, 2005, at 6:25 PM, toby cabot wrote:
>
> >On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 05:24:55PM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> >
> >>You are right.  Our website is awful.  THanks for volunteering! :)
> >>

> >The more the merrier, but please base your work on
> >http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-575 so we don't re-do
> >the same things.
>
> Cool!  So this is just static to be applied directly?

Yup.  Here's some background: There was yet another "is Geronimo dead"
thread on this list back in February and people seemed to think that
the web site needed a freshening so I volunteered.  Unfortunately, the
mailing list archive for February 2005 seems to have been lost so that
conversation isn't available anywhere.  But I tried to respect the
consensus that came out of it and I think that my changes are pretty
benign.  The biggest change is adding a lot of "we're not dead just
working on certification" verbiage.

You can take a look at
http://www.caboteria.org/~tobyc/g6o-docs/

> I was thinking of tossing the maven site completely and starting from
> scratch with something simple.

That's a good idea.  One of the problems with the auto-generated site
is that a lot of the pages are "stubs" that don't have any useful
content but Maven doesn't know to *not* generate them.  A few
hand-coded pages with lots of links to the wiki would probably be a
lot more user-friendly because there would be fewer "dead ends."