Thank you about what you have said. Well, english translation no, because I did finish the documentation 15th may more or less. Aaron´s book its very good, it has help me a lot in some things, but well, its more for people very used to aplication servers, and i did understand things on the end xD I most looked at the wiki, irc and some articles on the net, for example in www.javaworld.net

If you want your database pool to be visible on all the server, you deploy just the oracle-plan.xml. If you want the pool to be visible just in you application (EAR), then deploy all togheter packed on the EAR, and if you want just to use it on a web application scope, i mean, just visible to a WAR single module, then need to put the connector on the geronimo-jetty.xml

WEB-INF/geronimo-jetty.xml

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty"

xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming"

...>

<resource>

<external-rar>

tranql/rars/tranql-connector-1.0-SNAPSHOT.rar

</external-rar>

<connector>

      <here the things of the mysql.plan>

</connector>

</resource>

</web-app>

This is the one you use if you deploy the resource, the oracle pool to all the server. Is the easyest way to start. Have you tryed to do it with MySQL?? Try first, and then see if works. And later try with oracle... I don know :-) David Jencks can help you more than me probably, I know just few things... They are developers hehe Just try to follow the steps of my documentation...

DataSource ds = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/MysqlDataSource");

Connection con = ds.getConnection();

Statement stmt = con.createStatement();

mysql-plan.xml

 <?xml version="1.0"?>

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector"

   version="1.5" configId="MySQLPool" parentId="org/apache/geronimo/Server">

  <dependency>

    <uri>mysql/jars/mysql-connector-java-3.0.9-stable-bin.jar</uri>

  </dependency>

<resourceadapter>

    <outbound-resourceadapter>

      <connection-definition>

        <connectionfactory-interface>

          javax.sql.DataSource

        </connectionfactory-interface>

<connectiondefinition-instance>

          <name>MysqlDataSource</name>

          <config-property-setting name="UserName">

           root

          </config-property-setting>

          <config-property-setting name="Password">

            contraseña

          </config-property-setting>

          <config-property-setting name="Driver">

            org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

          </config-property-setting>

          <config-property-setting name="ConnectionURL">

            jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?autoReconnect=true

          </config-property-setting>

          <connectionmanager>

            <single-pool>

              <max-size>10</max-size>

              <min-size>2</min-size>

              <match-one/>

            </single-pool>

          </connectionmanager>

          <global-jndi-name>MySQLPool</global-jndi-name>

        </connectiondefinition-instance>

      </connection-definition>

    </outbound-resourceadapter>

  </resourceadapter>

</connector>

>From: waimun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: user@geronimo.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Location of Database driver
>Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:01:16 -0400 (EDT)
>
>I did that too. I copied the plan definition to a file named oracle-database-plan.xml,
>and deploy it using the deploytool. But still unable to get a connection using jdbc.
>What do you mean by "select the proper scope"? You mentioned writing a new plan
>for the new service: do you refer to the db plan or web app plan. Can you
>copy/paste a portion of the web plan that you think would work for this case.
>
><connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector"
>     version="1.5"
>     configId="org/apache/geronimo/DefaultDatabase"
>     parentId="org/apache/geronimo/Server">
>     <dependency>
>         <uri>oracle10g/jars/ojdbc14.jar</uri>
>     </dependency>
></connector>
>
>I hope I can understand your spanish manual that you have published. At least it would have help me in understanding
>more about geronimo. You did so well. I am impressed by the content and its verbosity. (I only took two spanish classes in college, but it is not enough for me to understand it entirely.)
>Is there an english translation or its equivlent?
>
>On 6/11/05, Katia Aresti Gonzalez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > I think that you need a external plan. You need to write a plan for the new
> > service, and select the proper scope, because you are adding a new service
> > to Geronimo, y new configuration... This is what i have always do. If you
> > use the default plan, if its possible to do it like that, you should
> > undeploy and deploy again the xml file (I have done this but with the
> > system-jms-plan, adding a new resource to the jms server)
> >
> > hope this helps :-)
> >
> > Katia

Acepta el reto MSN Premium: incluye Antivirus y Firewall de McAffee. Descárgalo y pruébalo 2 meses gratis.