I think you must have an old version of openejb. Did you check openejb out and compile it as well?

On Jun 11, 2005, at 11:21 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your fixes to the problem. The JAX-RPC Service Endpoint example works now nicely (apart from a warning).

However, when I try to deploy the JAX-RPC EJB Endpoint example I still get the following error:

[...]
16:10:57,915 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in th
e FAILED state: objectName="openejb:type=WSContainer,name=HelloBean"
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.geronimo.webservices.SoapHandler.addWebService(Ljava/lang/ String;Lorg/apache/geronimo/webservices/WebServiceContainer;)V at org.openejb.server.axis.WSContainer.<init>(WSContainer.java:87)
[...]

Could you indicate if this error was caused by a Geronimo bug or rather a bad descriptor (or mapping)?

If you like I can provide the hello-ejb.jar example file from the jBoss 4 documentation for you to see the error yourself.

Have you got any simple JAX-RPC EJB endpoint example working on Geronimo that you could share here?

Thanks,

Stefan

Jeremy Boynes wrote:

Quick question - are you using the current HEAD build? There were a couple of bugs in our JAF implementation which would lead to similar failures to the first one which I checked fixes in for earlier this week.

--
Jeremy

Stefan Schmidt wrote:

Hi,

I am currently trying to get some JAX-RPC Web services running on Geronimo. Since there are not too many examples out there I chose to try the jBoss examples which are described here: http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r2/html/ch12.html.

After inserting a proper url in the HelloService.wsdl (<soap:address location="http://localhost:8080/hello-servlet/Hello?WSDL"/>) I was able to deploy the war file with the JSE Web Service.

The problem here is if I invoke http://localhost:8080/hello-servlet/Hello?method=hello&s=test I get the following SOAP-Fault:
[....]
-
   <faultstring>
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
</faultstring>
[...]

..when I use the supplied Client I get the following error:
[..]
[java] faultString: Tried to invoke method public abstract java.lang.String org.jboss.chap12.hello.Hello.hello(java.lang.String) throws java.rmi.RemoteException with arguments java.lang.String. The arguments do not match the signature.; nested exception is: [java] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class
[...]

In a second attempt I tried to deploy the hello-ejb.jar example which serves as an EJB endpoint. Unfortunately I get a exception during deployment:
[...]
558 WARN [BasicLifecycleMonitor] Exception occured while notifying listener java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.geronimo.webservices.SoapHandler.addWebService (Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/geronimo/webservices/ WebServiceContainer;)V at org.openejb.server.axis.WSContainer.<init>(WSContainer.java:87)
[...]

Both of these Applications work perfectly in jBoss and I can't see why they shouldn't work in Geronimo.

I would be grateful if someone could try to deploy these applications as well and tell me whether this is rather my problem or a Geronimo Problem.

Thanks in advance.

Stefan