Hi,

Here is the dependency i am giving in
geronimo-application.xml (i created this file only for
giving this dependency)

<dependency>
           <uri>twe/properties</uri>
</dependency>

<dependency>
            <uri>twe/properties.jar</uri>
</dependency>

One is a jar file and the other is the folder itself.

The code snippet is a bit complicated one. I will give
a simplified version -

InputStream in = ConfigReader.class
      .getResourceAsStream(CONFIG_PROPERTIES);

Properties configprops = new Properties();
configprops.load(in);
String filename =
configprops.getProperty("xmlfilename");
URL fileURL =
ConfigReader.class.getResource(filename);
String xsdFilename =
    configprops.getProperty("xsdfilename");
URL xsdURL =
ConfigReader.class.getResource(xsdFilename);
_instance = new ConfigReader(fileURL, xsdURL);

           configHash = new HashMap();
           DocumentBuilderFactory factory =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
           factory.setValidating(false);
           factory.setNamespaceAware(true);

           DocumentBuilder builder =
factory.newDocumentBuilder();
           Document document =
builder.parse(fileURL.openStream());

//here a null pointer exception is thrown probably
//because it could not locate the file

           Element root =
document.getDocumentElement();
           loadProperties(root);

}

>I'd expect either one of these to work.  Could you
>show the xml
>dependency and the code snippet where you read the
>properties file?

>thanks
>david jencks

>On Aug 11, 2005, at 11:22 PM, dinesh g wrote:

> Hi...
>
> I have some property files in a folder. These files
> are used by the  application to look up the JNDI
> namings and some other properties. These files need
> be in the classpath. In JBoss i just needed to add
> this folder to the classpath for these files to be
> picked up by the application. But i am not able to
get
> these files to be picked up by Geronimo.
>
> I tried adding the folder as a dependency and also
> making a jar of the contents of the folder and then
> adding the jar as a dependency.  But nothing seems
> be working. How do I add this property folder (or
the
> individual files within the folder) into the
classpath
> ?
>
> Thanks for your time...
>
> Regards,
> Dinesh.G

Send a rakhi to your brother, buy gifts and win attractive prizes. Log on to
http://in.promos.yahoo.com/rakhi/index.html