ActiveMQ doesn't use HOWL. Hiram wrote a transaction log customized and tuned for the access patterns of JMS.

Hiram, we have been having a discussion about how the Geronimo disk footprint grows by 40MB when started up. Can you give Dave, Bruce and myself some insight on why the logs are the size they are, how much they can grow, and what attributes are available to configure this?

Thanks,

-dain