On Oct 5, 2005, at 11:25 PM, Scott Anderson wrote:

On 10/5/05, Ivan S. Dubrov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

My hack was a little cleaner. I was adding the jar containing my
custom login modules as a dependancy to first j2ee-server-plan.xml but
since the j2ee-security-plan.xml was established I have had to move
the dependancy for my security jar up to the parent configuration of
both the server and security plans; naming-server-plan.xml.

I've tried to redeploy these plans, but no luck. Did you redeployed them or built server from sources with modified plans?

Anyway, I think this is bug, since I've done things exactly (I think so) as they described here: http://chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/geronimo-html-one- page.html#security-custom

I was following the same script and also could not get it to work as
advertised. As far as I know to deploy updated geronimo plans you do
need the geronimo source. I have found that you are required to
re-build the assembly module to get any changes to the plans in the
modules/assembly/src/plan directory deployed.

I find Aaron's book a little unclear as to whether you are intended to amend the standard geronimo plans or include your login module/security realm configuration in a separate plan, so I'm not quite as clear that the procedure he describes doesn't work.

I was worried that this situation with login module classloaders would occur, and sure enough it has: the inability to use custom login modules in other configurations is definitely a bug. I've entered a bug

to make sure we remember to fix this.

It is actually possible to rebuild the plans without the geronimo source. The original plans are supplied in doc/plans and you can edit them and redeploy.