FYI... I am not having any problem with this either.

--- Nell Gawor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Carla,
>
> I just took another look at this.  Before trying to register this new
> user, did you do the following:
>
> Go to 'Configuration -> (Re)-populate Trade Database' and wait until the
> quotes and users are created?
>
> You must do this before doing anything with dayTrader, otherwise there
> isn't any data for it to work with (including the quotes it is trying to
> retrieve in this step).  I had forgotten this step with my latest
> daytrader install but I just repopulated my database and I am not having
> any problems creating new users.
>
> Thanks,
> Nell
>
> Nell Gawor wrote:
>
> > Hi Carla,
> >
> > It's not working for me either -- I always use the default user so I
> > have never tried to register a new one. I think this (the exception
> > you pasted below) is actually the exception you get on subsequent
> > attempts to create a user you already tried to create -- the root
> > exception appears to be a duplicate key because you are creating the
> > same user twice in the database.
> >
> > So the user must get at least partially created. Still, the first
> > attempt to create the user as well as attempts to log in as that user
> > all fail with problems (NullPointerException) in the getMarketSummary
> > method.  I will take a look and see if I can figure out any more.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nell
> >

> >> *"Carla Cremers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*
> >>
> >> 10/25/2005 01:33 AM
> >> Please respond to
> >> user@geronimo.apache.org

> >>     <user@geronimo.apache.org>
> >> cc
> >>
> >> Subject
> >>     Daytrader Redux
> >>

> >> Many thanks to Nell Gawor !  After figuring out how to build svn. I
> >> was able to download top of tree Geronimo and able to build and load
> >> my database and deploy DayTrader and get to the web pages.   I
> >> created a user John Doe and got :
> >>
> >> Once again, any clues appreciated :
> >>
> >> *Processing request:*/daytrader/app *
> >> StatusCode:* 500 *
> >> Message:*TradeServletAction.doRegister(...) exception user =jdoe *
> >> Exception:*java.rmi.RemoteException: Unable to commit container
> >> transaction; nested exception is: javax.transaction.SystemException:
> >> Unable to commit container transaction
> >> java.rmi.RemoteException: Unable to commit container transaction;
> >> nested exception is: javax.transaction.SystemException: Unable to
> >> commit container transaction at
> >> org.openejb.proxy.EJBMethodInterceptor.intercept(EJBMethodInterceptor.java:138)
> >>
> >> at
> >> org.openejb.proxy.SessionEJBObject$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$3240b09e.register()
> >> at
> >> org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.TradeAction.register(TradeAction.java:472)
> >>
> >> at

org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.web.TradeServletAction.doRegister(TradeServletAction.java:622)

> >> at

org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.web.TradeAppServlet.performTask(TradeAppServlet.java:145)

> >> at

org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.web.TradeAppServlet.doGet(TradeAppServlet.java:82)

> >> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595) at
> >> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688) at
> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:427)
> >> at
> >> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder.handle(JettyServletHolder.java:99)
> >>
> >> at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:830)

> >> at

org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.web.OrdersAlertFilter.doFilter(OrdersAlertFilter.java:92)

> >> at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)

> >> at
> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.JSR154Filter.doFilter(JSR154Filter.java:171)
> >> at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)

> >> at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:471)

> >> at
> >> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
> >> at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1565) at
> >>
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:635)
>
> >> at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1517) at
> >> org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:954) at
> >> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816) at
> >> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:983)
> >> at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833) at
> >> org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244)
> >> at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357) at
> >> org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
> >> Caused by: javax.transaction.SystemException: Unable to commit
> >> container transaction at

org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.InheritableTransactionContext.rollbackAndThrow(InheritableTransactionContext.java:327)

> >> at

org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.InheritableTransactionContext.complete(InheritableTransactionContext.java:199)

> >> at

org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.InheritableTransactionContext.commit(InheritableTransactionContext.java:146)

> >> at
> >> org.openejb.transaction.ContainerPolicy$TxRequired.invoke(ContainerPolicy.java:152)
> >>
> >> at

org.openejb.transaction.TransactionContextInterceptor.invoke(TransactionContextInterceptor.java:80)

> >> at
> >> org.openejb.SystemExceptionInterceptor.invoke(SystemExceptionInterceptor.java:82)
> >>
> >> at
> >> org.openejb.GenericEJBContainer.invoke(GenericEJBContainer.java:238)
> >> at
> >> org.openejb.proxy.EJBMethodInterceptor.intercept(EJBMethodInterceptor.java:129)
> >>
> >> ... 26 more Caused by: org.tranql.ql.QueryException: Error executing
> >> statement: INSERT INTO AccountProfileEJB (address, password, userID,
> >> email, creditCard, fullName) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) at
> >> org.tranql.sql.jdbc.JDBCUpdateCommand.execute(JDBCUpdateCommand.java:69)
> >> at
> >> org.tranql.cache.SimpleFlushStrategy.flush(SimpleFlushStrategy.java:62)
> >> at
> >> org.tranql.cache.SimpleFlushStrategy.flush(SimpleFlushStrategy.java:49)
> >> at
> >> org.tranql.cache.cache.InTxCacheTracker.flush(InTxCacheTracker.java:41)
> >> at org.tranql.cache.InTxCache.flush(InTxCache.java:86) at

org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.AbstractTransactionContext.flushState(AbstractTransactionContext.java:115)

> >> at

org.apache.geronimo.transaction.context.InheritableTransactionContext.complete(InheritableTransactionContext.java:175)

> >> ... 32 more Caused by: SQL Exception: The statement was aborted
> >> because it would have caused a duplicate key value in a unique or
> >> primary key constraint or unique index identified by
> >> 'PK_ACCOUNTPROFILE2' defined on 'ACCOUNTPROFILEEJB'. at
> >> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
> >> Source) at
> >> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown
> >>
> >> Source) at
> >> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown
> >> Source) at
> >> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown
> >> Source) at
> >> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown
> >> Source) at
> >> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
> >> Source) at
> >> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
> >> Source) at
> >> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown
> >> Source) at
> >> org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.BrokeredPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown
> >> Source) at

org.tranql.connector.jdbc.PreparedStatementHandle.executeUpdate(PreparedStatementHandle.java:103)

=== message truncated ===

http://farechase.yahoo.com