http://cvs.tranql.codehaus.org/connector/src/java/org/tranql/connector/jdbc/JDBCDriverMCF.java?rev=1.14&view=auto

> I am trying to set up an XA data source using the alpha version of
> connector/j (driver)
> for mysql (with some modifications, since it wasn't doing the right
> thing.)
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>                  at
> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.JDBCDriverMCF.getPhysicalConnection(JDBCDriverMCF.java:79)
>                  at

It looks like the driver is null, implying the driver property is not
set or that the driver class could not be loaded and something ignored
the resulting exception.

Note that due to JDBC limitations a Driver based connector cannot
actually support XA - if you are interested in helping with a real XA
connector for MySQL we'd love to have one. Please drop a note to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or have a look at
http://cvs.tranql.codehaus.org/vendors/derby/

--
Jeremy