After talking with Guillaume Nodet, it became clear that the servicemix integration previously included with geronimo was completely out of date and more or less useless. Guillaume was working on an up to date integration that I believe is included/ hosted at ServiceMix. I'm not sure of its exact status. I would hope that we could include one or two configs in geronimo to include servicemix at least as an installer option.