I think option 3 most closely approximates what I am doing with JBoss, but will it deploy three independent copies of the resource adapter archive? I'm developing said resource adapter, and when I rebuild it I would like to redeploy it once and have all the connection factories use the new archive.

I've tried doing this with configurations that reference the configId of the resource adapter as the parentId. I only get a cryptic error message from the deployer.

Michael