The nice thing about it is that there are no ACKS/NACKS so, it's not very chatty. The bad thing is that you have to wait for the token to come your way before you can broadcast; if there are a lot of participants in the group the latency will be larger that you might like.

http://citeseer.csail.mit.edu/amir95totem.html

Regards,
Alan