Hi,

The message means (and is not very intuitive) that the object that you've clicked doesn't have a client (such as a web browser) that can be launched on the selected object. If you want to launch a particular servlet then expand the web project to select a servlet, and do the steps that you did this will deploy and then open up a web browser and launch that particular servlet.

If you just wish to deploy the web project without running anything, then if you are in the J2EE perspective, right click on the geronimo server listed in the servers view, then add remove projects, and move the web app over to the right side. If the server is not running, hit start and after start this will deploy the app. Otherwise it should deploy the app just by associating the project to the server.

- sachin