On Jan 22, 2006, at 3:33 PM, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

Well, I'm migrating all my apps from Tomcat 5.5.12 JDK 1.5.0_06 to Geronimo 1.0 with JDK 1.5.0_06 (it's a must have, because my apps rely heavly on generics). But may be I get a lot of problems in future, since my apps are running during one day only...

I expect that if you can get geronimo to start and your apps to deploy on jdk 1.5, you will not have any problems. The problems with jdk 1.5 that we know about all involve corba or the QName class Matt mentioned and prevent either geronimo starting or an application deploying. If those work I think it is unlikely you will find any further jdk specific problems.

Richter

Matt Hogstrom escreveu:

The problem isn't really a DayTrader problem it just happens to surface that there is an issue with the following class javax.xml.namespace.QName. Geronimo has its own version of QName which is not the same as the one shipped in JDK 1.5.0. As a result it can't be deserialized. JDK 5.0 is a high priority for us and this will be addressed in the near future but I don't have an exact date.

One way to correct this problem is to build Geronimo with 1.5.0 but there will be a whole raft of other issues.

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:

Yes, I could see. After downloading a new Geronimo-Jetty, I got same error, so it's not 1.6 related. daytrader just doesn't work with 1.5 as well.

Thanks for your patience.

Richter

Aaron Mulder escreveu:

I know we've seen errors running daytrader under 1.5, even having only
ever run on 1.4.2 before.

Thanks,
   Aaron