I must be misunderstanding something. Here's my
problem. I'm trying to use an application that
requires a different version of jdom.jar and axis.jar,
and it also uses commons-httpclient.jar, which isn't
found in the geronimo repository.

It does some webservices stuff. So I replace the
jdom.jar in the repository directory and I bypass one
of my problems. Then I have to somewhat merge the
axis.jar it comes with and the one in the geronimo
repository, and I overcome another problem (though now
the daytrader example is breaking). After this, I'm
getting a commons-httpclient class-not-found error,
even though I've manually added it to the repository.

So, I figure out another workaround: I set the
context-priority-classloader variable to true in the
geronimo-web.xml, and I modify the
TomcatClassLoader.java file to this (full modified
TomcatClassLoader.java file attached):
TomcatClassLoader.ResourceClassLoader.getResource:----
           if ((contextPriorityClassLoader &&
                name.startsWith("org/apache/axis")) ||
               (contextPriorityClassLoader &&

name.startsWith("org/apache/commons/httpclient"))){
           }
           else if (true
||//!contextPriorityClassLoader ||
           return super.loadClass(name);
       }
TomcatClassLoader.loadClass: -------------------------
           if ((contextPriorityClassLoader &&
                name.startsWith("org.apache.axis")) ||
               (contextPriorityClassLoader &&

name.startsWith("org.apache.commons.httpclient"))){
           }
           else if (true
||//!contextPriorityClassLoader ||
               return super.loadClass(name);
           }

This makes the application work. Now, I did try just
setting context-priority-classloader to true without
doing these modifications, and I got errors about not
initializing log4j properly. Is there a better way to
make the class loader do what I want to do?

Tyler