Hi

I am trying to port some applications on AG.
I am using AG1.0, and the documentation that comes along with it.

From what Aaron has given about --uri option, it now is clear for me. May be, Doc has to be updated.

Thanks
phani

On 1/23/06, Aaron Mulder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It's mainly used if you're trying to use our deployment tool with a
different vendor's server (we technically support that, via JSR-88).
You'd need to specify --driver and --uri in that case.  However, you
could also use --uri as a shortcut to combine --host and --port.

I should note that either the documentation you're looking at is out
of date (where did you get it?) or you have a version of Geronimo
older than 1.0 -- try "java -jar bin/deployer.jar help options" and
you should see:

  --uri

       A URI to contact the server.  If not specified, the deployer
       defaults to operating on a Geronimo server running on the
       standard port on localhost.

       A URI to connect to Geronimo (including optional host and port
       parameters) has the form: deployer:geronimo:jmx[://host[:port]]
       (though you could also just use --host and --port instead).

Thanks,
   Aaron