Aaron Mulder wrote:
One of those spec JARs goes in the repository/geronimo-spec/jars
directory and the other in repository/org.apache.geronimo.specs/jars
-- the difference being that the spec build was changed resulting in a
different output location and somehow both of them snuck into the 1.0
source (I think Geronimo used one and OpenEJB the other, or something
like that).  So the error you're getting indicates that
geronimo-spec-corba-2.3-rc4.jar goes in geronimo-spec/ not
o.a.g.specs/ and if you move it to the right location in your repo you
should get further.

Ah - excellent! Placing geronimo-spec-corba-2.3-rc4.jar into repository/geronimo-spec/jars does the trick (successful build).

I feel a bit stupid - it seems so obvious in hindsight, but the error message format i.e: specifying 'geronimo-spec/geronimo-spec-corba/2.3-rc4/jar' is a bit confusing to decode for us geronimo/maven newbies....

Anyway to help ease the level for confusion for future folks like me, this is what I ended up doing:

i) Fetch clean 1.0 source (no patch) and empty maven repository.

ii) Fetch geronimo-spec-corba-2.3-rc4.jar and place in .maven/repository/geronimo-spec/jars.

iii) Fetch geronimo-corba_2.3_spec-1.0.jar and place in .maven/repository/org.apache.geronimo.specs/jars.

iv) Build as in BUILDING.txt.

Thanks

Mark