Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: Build Failed - Building from SVN Geronimo 1.0

Worked like a charm, thanks

On 2/17/06, Kevan Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Feb 17, 2006, at 10:22 AM, leonard flournoy wrote:

I have done the following:

1) Install Maven 2
2) Download the Geronimo specs trunk:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk

3) Compile the specs:

mvn install

at this point mvn just loops - any suggestions?

Hi Leonard,
Are you using Maven 2.0? If you aren't, then I suggest you upgrade. I've seen this behavior with Maven 2.0, but not Maven 2.0.2.
--kevan

On 2/12/06, Bruce Snyder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2/11/06, Sanjay Dwivedi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I get following error while building Geronimo 1.0 from SVN source (not the
> zip file).
> I have followed the email trails and JIRA to copy
> geronimo-corba_2.3_spec-1.0.jar in
> .maven/repository/org.apache.geronimo.specs, still get the
> error. Also tried creating
>  geronimo-corba_2.3_spec/1.1-SNAPSHOT/jar there and copying
> the corba jar. Still get the error.

It looks to me like you're compiling from SVN HEAD which is actually
Geronimo 1.1. The error that you're getting is due to the fact that
the 1.1-SNAPSHOT version of the geronimo-corba_2.3_spec jar is not
available in any Maven repos. You can get around this by checking out
the Geronimo specs project and building it on your machine. Then
Geronimo HEAD should build correctly. Below are the steps:

1) Install Maven 2
2) Download the Geronimo specs trunk:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk

3) Compile the specs:

mvn install

4) Build Geronimo HEAD:

maven -Dmaven.itest.skip=true -Dmaven.test.skip=true new

Please let us know if you have any additional problems.

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)[EMAIL PROTECTED]&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
);'

Apache Geronimo ( http://geronimo.apache.org/)

Castor (http://castor.org/)