I'm not able to recreate the error and since you don't see the error
using geronimo+tomcat on a different machine there must be something
specific with that machine's configuration.  Since the tomcat log
shows that a request was received ("GET / HTTP/1.1") I don't think
it's a problem with your browser or geronimo's ability to route the
request to tomcat.  I suggest comparing the contents of
config-store/21/war with that same directory in your other (working)
version of geronimo+tomcat.  You should see several files in that
directory that are accessible to your browser - e.g.
http://localhost:8080/index.jsp

Best wishes,
Paul

--