Thanks Aaron,

I went through your reply and will check it out.
Actually I am working on the second solution you said of not directly submitting to j_security_check.

Now another problem I am facing is,
I have made a hello world application in Java Studio Creator. Simple one page example which should ideally run even on tomacat with JSTL installed.
I was not sure about JSTL being present in Geronimo so I downloaded and added it to the common libraries.

When I try to run this example it gives this error. . .

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

	com.sun.rave.web.ui.util.UploadFilter.doFilter(UploadFilter.java:194)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/jstl/core/Config
	com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:123)
	com.sun.rave.web.ui.appbase.faces.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:311)
	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:87)
	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:221)
	com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:117)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:198)
	com.sun.rave.web.ui.util.UploadFilter.doFilter(UploadFilter.java:194)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.9 logs.

Will appreciate any help or guidance on this

Regards,

Rohit