Lasantha,

Here's the first item of Feedback:

1) your implementation class 'CalculatorServiceServlet' does not
implement the 'CalculatorService' interface.
2) I haven't tested it yet, but the wscompile 'config' file can take
another attribute 'servantName'.  This may take
care of your annotation "I am wondering why ...."

I'm going to test both of these.
Also, this is not really a generic deployment, as it includes so many
jar files from the Geronimo repository.  My goal is to create a WAR
which I can deploy on any server by supplying the correct 'xxxx-web.xml'
file.  (Of course, this is for a WS which is so simple it doesn't
include datasources, etc).  What are the real dependencies.  Presumably
by including dependencies from the Sun j2ee/lib I can get rid of these.
Do you have anything which will tell me what each of these jar files
includes?  If not, I'll start gradually trying to replace them one by
one, which will probably mean a lot of trial and error.  I know Geronimo
uses the Axis stack to deploy the WS, but why do you include some axis
jar files in the built war?

By the way, my own app, with the added dependencies, still gives the
same errors.

- Ray Clough