On 11/7/06, Vamsavardhana Reddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Sreepriya,

 It is not necessary that the login module classes are put in the
repository.  The classloader should be able to load the login module class.
login module class is no different from any other class that you use in your
enterprise app.

Well, to be more specific, if you define the security realm using the
admin console and deploy it either there or as a standalone service,
the login module (and principal) classes must normally be in a JAR the
repository (though if you deploy the security realm standalone you can
actually supply the JAR along with the security realm plan instead of
putting it in the repository manually).

If you deploy the security realm as part if your application, then the
login module and principal classes should be able to be on the
application class loader (e.g. bundled in a WAR or EJB JAR or added to
a JAR in the EAR that's on some module's Manifest Class-Path) instead.

Thanks,
     Aaron