Thanks, all.  The following plan will create a system-wide mail
session.  In your J2EE module, you just need to declare a dependency
on it.

<module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1";>
 <environment>
   <moduleId>
       <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
       <artifactId>MailSession</artifactId>
       <version>1.0</version>
   </moduleId>
   <dependencies>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
       <artifactId>javamail</artifactId>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
       <artifactId>geronimo-mail</artifactId>
       <type>jar</type>
     </dependency>
     <dependency>
       <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
       <artifactId>geronimo-javamail-transport</artifactId>
       <type>jar</type>
     </dependency>
   </dependencies>
 </environment>

 <gbean name="MailSession" class="org.apache.geronimo.mail.MailGBean">
   <attribute name="transportProtocol">smtp</attribute>
   <attribute name="useDefault">false</attribute>
   <attribute name="host">mailserver</attribute>
   <attribute name="properties">
     mail.debug=false
     mail.smtp.port=25
   </attribute>