Hi Kamal,
          It would be better to give org.objectweb.asm in the filter
tag so that all the classes of asm are hidden.

Thanks
Manu

On 1/11/07, Manu George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Kamal,
            Sorry abt that . I gave you a wrong example.You need to
add
<dep:hidden-classes><dep:filter>org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter</dep:filter></dep:hidden-classes>
this information is in geronimo-module-1.1.xsd in the schema directory

Thanks
Manu

On 1/11/07, Kamalanathan Raman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Manu,
>

> Iam attaching the Geronimo-application.xml , if I attach the
<dep:hidden-classes> attribute , its throwing

> Caused by: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment descriptor:
[error: cvc-complex-type.2.3: Element '[EMAIL
PROTECTED]://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1' with element-only content
type cannot have text content.]

xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1";>

xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1";>

>             <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1";>

>                         <dep:dependencies>
>
>                                     <dep:dependency>

<dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>

<dep:artifactId>geronimo-mail</dep:artifactId>

<dep:version>1.1.1</dep:version>

<dep:type>jar</dep:type>

>                                     </dep:dependency>
>

>                                     <dep:dependency>

<dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>

<dep:artifactId>geronimo-javamail-transport</dep:artifactId>

<dep:version>1.1.1</dep:version>

<dep:type>jar</dep:type>

>                                     </dep:dependency>
>
>                         </dep:dependencies>

<dep:hidden-classes>org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter</dep:hidden-classes>

>             <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
>
>                         </dep:environment>
>

>     <gbean name="mail/MailSession" class="org.apache.geronimo.mail.MailGBean">
>
>         <attribute name="transportProtocol">smtp</attribute>
>
>         <attribute name="useDefault">false</attribute>
>
>         <attribute name="host">localhost</attribute>
>
>         <attribute name="properties">
>
>             mail.debug=true
>
>             mail.smtp.port=25
>
>             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>         </attribute>
>
>     </gbean>
>

> </application>
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Kamal
>
>   ________________________________

not be exposed from there to the web application. This is typically used when the
web application wants to use a different version of a library that one of its
parent configurations (or Geronimo itself) uses. For example, Geronimo 1.0 uses
Log4J 1.2.8. If the web application wanted to use a newer version, it could
include the newer version in WEB-INF/lib and then add org.apache.log4j to the list
of hidden-classes so that the Log4J classes could not be loaded from a parent
class loader.

http://www.chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/geronimo-1.1/geronimo-html-one-page.html

> eg below
>
>  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>  <application xmlns=" http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1";>
>    <dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1
">
>      <dep:moduleId>
>        <dep:groupId>sample</dep:groupId>
>        <dep:artifactId>daytrader-oracle-tomcat</dep:artifactId>
>        <dep:version>1.1</dep:version>
>        <dep:type>car</dep:type>
>      </dep:moduleId>
>      <dep:dependencies>
>        <dep:dependency>
>          <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
>          <dep:artifactId>j2ee-server</dep:artifactId>
>          <dep:type>car</dep:type>
>        </dep:dependency>
>      <dep:hidden-classes>org.apache.log4j</dep:hidden-classes>
>      <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
>    </dep:environment>
>
>  This will block all child packages and classes under org.apache.log4j
>  from being exposed to the application. Hope this helps
>
>  thanks
>  Manu
>

> On 1/11/07, Kamalanathan Raman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> Hi Manu,
>

> Thanks for replying . Can u send a sample code as to how to use the hidden
class attribute.

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Kamal
>

>   ________________________________

classloader . i.e another version of the class without that method may be present.
You should use the hidden classes attribute of the plan to hide the conflicting
classes/packages. i.e. the ones used by geronimo and your app. This will make the
classloader not see the classes loaded by geronimo.

>  Thanks
>  Manu
>

> On 1/11/07, Kamalanathan Raman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> Hi ,
>

>       When I run my deployed application. I get this following error , got
struck up in this error for long time , can any one help me out in solving this
issue.I have attached the stack trace of the error. Thanks in advance for ur reply

> 13:44:45,813 INFO  [Configuration] processing foreign key constraints
>
> 13:44:45,891 ERROR [[/wlbx]] StandardWrapper.Throwable
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.visitMethod(ILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/objectweb/asm/CodeVisitor;

>       at net.sf.cglib.ASMBackend.begin_constructor( ASMBackend.java:297 )
>
>       at net.sf.cglib.CodeGenerator.begin_constructor( CodeGenerator.java:281
)

>       at net.sf.cglib.CodeGenerator.begin_constructor( CodeGenerator.java:274
)

>       at net.sf.cglib.CodeGenerator.generateNullConstructor(
CodeGenerator.java:970 )

>       at net.sf.cglib.KeyFactoryGenerator.generate(
KeyFactoryGenerator.java:105 )

>       at net.sf.cglib.CodeGenerator.define( CodeGenerator.java:163 )
>
>       at net.sf.cglib.KeyFactory.create( KeyFactory.java:114 )
>
>       at net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<clinit>(
SessionFactoryImpl.java:297 )

>       at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(
Configuration.java:627)

>       at com.symcor.wlbx.util.ServiceLocator.getDataSource(
ServiceLocator.java:196 )

>       at
com.symcor.wlbx.web.servlet.ReportServlet.initializeResourceLookups(ReportServlet.java:912
 )

>       at com.symcor.wlbx.web.servlet.ReportServlet.init(
ReportServlet.java:668 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(
StandardWrapper.java:1105 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(
StandardWrapper.java:932 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(
StandardContext.java:3915 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(
StandardContext.java:4176 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.access$201(GeronimoStandardContext.java:67
 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.invoke(
GeronimoStandardContext.java:337 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke(GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:31
 )

>       at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.start(
GeronimoStandardContext.java:192 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(
ContainerBase.java:759 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(
ContainerBase.java:739 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(
StandardHost.java:524 )

>       at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(
TomcatContainer.java:313 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)

>       at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke( FastMethod.java:53 )
>
>       at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38
 )

>       at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
GBeanOperation.java:122 )

> [...]
>
>       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(
ContainerBase.java:759 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(
ContainerBase.java:739 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(
StandardHost.java:524 )

>       at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(
TomcatContainer.java:313 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)

>       at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke( FastMethod.java:53 )
>
>       at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38
 )

>       at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
GBeanOperation.java:122 )

> 13:44:45,969 INFO  [PropertyMessageResources] Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings', returnNull=true

> 13:44:45,969 INFO  [PropertyMessageResources] Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.action.ActionResources', returnNull=true

> 13:44:46,751 INFO  [PropertyMessageResources] Initializing,
config='ApplicationResources', returnNull=true

> 13:44:46,813 INFO  [ValidatorPlugIn] Loading validation rules file from
'/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml'

> 13:44:46,938 INFO  [ValidatorPlugIn] Loading validation rules file from
'/WEB-INF/validation.xml'

> 13:44:47,125 INFO  [ImportFTPClient] Default save path is @[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> java.lang.NumberFormatException : For input string: "@IMPORT_TASK_PERIOD@"
>
>       at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
>
>       at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Unknown Source)
>
>       at java.lang.Long.<init>(Unknown Source)
>
>       at com.symcor.wlbx.web.servlet.ImportServlet.init(
ImportServlet.java:137 )

>       at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init( GenericServlet.java:168 )
>
>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(
StandardWrapper.java:1105 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(
StandardWrapper.java:932 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(
StandardContext.java:3915 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(
StandardContext.java:4176 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.access$201(GeronimoStandardContext.java:67
 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:337
 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke(GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:31
 )

>       at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.start(
GeronimoStandardContext.java:192 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(
ContainerBase.java:759 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(
ContainerBase.java:739 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(
StandardHost.java:524 )

>       at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(
TomcatContainer.java:313 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)

>       at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke( FastMethod.java:53 )
>
>       at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(
FastMethodInvoker.java:38 )

> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>
>       at net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(
Configuration.java:627 )

>       at com.symcor.wlbx.util.ServiceLocator.getDataSource(
ServiceLocator.java:196 )

>       at com.symcor.wlbx.dao.core.DataSourceUtils.getDataSourceFromJNDI(
DataSourceUtils.java:62 )

>       at com.symcor.wlbx.dao.core.DAOFactory.getDAOFactory(
DAOFactory.java:105 )

>       at com.symcor.wlbx.dao.imp.ImportProfileTask.loadCachedData(
ImportProfileTask.java:156 )

>       at com.symcor.wlbx.dao.imp.ImportProfileTask.<init>(
ImportProfileTask.java:233 )

>       at com.symcor.wlbx.web.servlet.ImportServlet.init(
ImportServlet.java:144 )

>       at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init( GenericServlet.java:168 )
>
>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(
StandardWrapper.java:1105 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(
StandardWrapper.java:932 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(
StandardContext.java:3915 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(
StandardContext.java:4176 )

>       at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.access$201(
GeronimoStandardContext.java:67 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:337
 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke(GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:31
 )

>       at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.start(
GeronimoStandardContext.java:192 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(
ContainerBase.java:759 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(
ContainerBase.java:739 )

>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(
StandardHost.java:524 )

>       at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer.addContext(
TomcatContainer.java:313 )

>       at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9370b073.invoke(<generated>)

>       at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke( FastMethod.java:53 )
>
>       at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38
 )

>       at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
GBeanOperation.java:122 )

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Kamal

>    This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
solely   for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further,   you
are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to   any
other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain   viruses.
Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk,   but is not
liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in   this e-mail.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the   e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the   content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to   or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.