Unless someone changed the code a lot while I wasn't looking I don't think that will work.

 I think you need to
(1) make sure your pool module is an ancestor of your ejb app: the easiest way is to make it a dependency in the geronimo plan for the ejb app. This has the same effect as the "ext-module" in daytrader. (2) assuming you do want jta :-) use <jta-data-source>MyTestPool</jta- data-source> or <jta-data-source>name=MyTestPool</jta-data-source>