Again I'm not entirely sure what your requirements are, but...

Geronimo needs the war file unpacked in some way in order to work with your application. There are basically 2 ways this can happen:

1. If you deploy a war normally, geronimo will unpack it into the "car" directory it creates in the geronimo repository. You can get to the jsp files there and with the normal tomcat or jetty configuration changes in the jsp files will get picked up by jasper.

2. If you start with an unpacked war (e.g. your app is laid out like a war file, but in a directory myapp.war rather than an actual war file, you can use the --inPlace deployment option and your app will not be copied into the geronimo repository, and you can change the jsps as you like.

There may be more "development" options if you are using eclipse and the eclipse plugins but I'm not familiar with them.

 hope this helps
david jencks