Edit var/config/config.xml and remove the elements for the apps that used to be in your in-place directory. You probably also want to remove the configuration stuff for them from the geronimo repository.

AFAIK you can't fix this using the command line.

If you marked the elements load="false" in config.xml you could undistribute the applications and geronimo would remove the stuff from the repository for you.