From: Jay D. McHugh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 1:09 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Geronimo's vision

Hello Bruno,

I'm not sure how anyone else would react, but I don't see Geronimo as
simply an incubator for WASCE.

I tried using WASCE about a year ago and after learning that it had
Geronimo as a base - I switched to Geronimo.  And, I haven't looked back
(no offense IBM).

In fact, CE's last release (last time I checked anyway) was based on
Geronimo 1.1 and was about a year ago.

In that time, Geronimo has made tremendous strides toward full JEE5
support (in the 2.0 branch) and towards a more than complete J2EE
version (in the 1.2 branch).

IBM may currently be the employer of a large number of commiters, but I
think that it is just a matter of time before non-IBMers begin to catch
up (and hopefully pass) in the committer base for the project.

I for one have never considered Geronimo as simply being the incubator
for WASCE .  Geronimo was around before WASCE ever did.  The fact that
IBM has used it as the base simply testifies to how complete a product
Geronimo is and the level of quality it possesses.

Jay