You aren't really specifying enough context to know for sure what you are asking about.

If this is an excerpt from a geronimo plan, I suggest leaving out the version; geronimo will then choose the latest version in the geronimo repository at runtime. From your request for a minimum version number I would think this would satisfy your requirements. If this is an excerpt from a maven 2 pom then you should ask the maven team to make version ranges work more reliably.

Hope this is relevant to what you are asking about.