On Jun 7, 2007, at 12:11 PM, Christopher Gibbs wrote:

Thanks for the help David.

Is there somewhere I can find a list of the gbeans contained within
each module and their options? I ask because I don't have the gbean
"ServerSystemProperties" anywhere in my config.xml file and I can't
quite seem to make it work.

I think there's a gbean/mbean viewer available somewhere near the bottom of the admin console. Alternatively you can look at the plans in configs.

I have tried what you suggested (in both the rmi-naming and the
j2ee-server modules) but I don't know what other properties I need and
Geronimo errors on startup every time.

I don't have a copy of the g. 1.1.1 source handy. It's quite possible that the gbean is named something else (SystemProperties?) or in yet another module I haven't thought of yet :-)

Thinking about this more a better and more self contained solution would be to include a SystemProperties gbean to set this property in the geronimo plan for this app. Then you can package confluence as a geronimo plugin that won't require additional external configuration. With the current code it's possible that this approach would not set the system property before it's read by confluence. If you try this please let us know how it works, it should be pretty easy to fix the timing problem at least in 1.2 and 2.0.

hope this helps
david jencks

- Chris

On 6/7/07, David Jencks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jun 7, 2007, at 7:23 AM, Christopher Gibbs wrote:

> I want to pass a command to Tomcat when Geronimo starts up a specific
> application but don't know how to go about doing it.
>
> I am running Atlassian Confluence 2.5.3 in Geronimo 1.1.1 w/ Tomcat and > need to pass "- Dconfluence.disable.peopledirectory.anonymous=true" to
> Tomcat when Confluence starts up.
> http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Hiding+the+People
> +Directory

If you start geronimo with your own command line (rather than a
script) you can just include the system property in the command
line.  There's probably a way to do this with our scripts, but I am
not familiar with them.

We also have a SystemProperties gbean class.  If I remember correctly
in g. 1.1.1 there's an instance in the rmi-naming or j2ee-server
module.  You can reconfigure it in var/config/config.xml something
like this:

     <gbean name="ServerSystemProperties">
          <attribute name="systemProperties">
               <!--copy the existing properties here, I don't have a
copy of 1.1.1 handy to copy from -->
              confluence.disable.peopledirectory.anonymous=true
          </attribute>
     </gbean>

Hope this helps

--