Hi,

Can you try removing the manifest entries. They are not needed since
all referred jars are in web-inf/lib. So it may work without them.

Regards
Manu

On 7/5/07, Mario Rübsam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Some further investigation on the problem showed that the libraries
are found when they are all in the EARs root directory and not
in client.war/WEB-INF/lib.

It is standard behavior to have the libraries in the WEB-INF/lib,
so I guess its a bug in the deployer for EARs or do I have to
explicitly list the needed jars in the geronimo-web.xml like
the repository dependencies?

Thanks,
Mario

Mario Ruebsam wrote:
> When deploying my app which works on G1.1 on the G2.0M6 server I get
> the following error message:
>
> --
> Error: Unable to distribute eiservice.ear: Manifest class path
> entries must be a valid jar file (JAVAEE 5 Section 8.2):

jarFile=D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\eiservice.jar,

>     path=eiservice.jar

D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\eiservice.jar

>     (The system cannot find the file specified)
> --
>
> The missing jar file is in the WEB-INF/lib directory, in this particular
> case:

D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\client.war\WEB-INF\lib\eiservice.jar