On Jul 23, 2007, at 10:51 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

Dain Sundstrom wrote:
The actual code we use to create the orb bound to java:comp/ORB is simply "ORB orb = ORB.init();" so it should what with what ever you have configured as the default ORB in your VM. OpenEJB doesn't even have a dependency on Yoko.
I would hope this is not true. ORB.init() returns the singleton ORB instance, which is only guaranteed to be functional for creating Any and TypeCode instances.

It is true, and that is all the default orb bound into jndi is good for per spec. Any thing beyond that is a vendor specific feature.

-dain