On Sep 11, 2007, at 4:13 PM, David Blevins wrote:

On Sep 11, 2007, at 7:05 AM, Marcin Waldowski wrote:

Hello.

I use Geronimo 2.0.1. When I add to my mdb code following lines:

import javax.interceptor.InvocationContext;
import javax.annotation.PostConstruct;

@PostConstruct
public void construct(InvocationContext ctx) {
    // do nothing
}

I receive exception below during deployment. Whitout this lines everything works ok.

The exception you should have gotten was:

 - - - - - - - -
Jar Failed validaton: pprsrv-ejb-1.2.jar
FAIL - YourBeanName - Invalid PostConstruct arguments: construct (InvocationContext)
 - - - - - - - -

Just added this page for you: http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJB/ callbacks.html

Very nice. Thanks for the doc David!

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Jar failed validation: pprsrv-ejb-1.2.jarERROR ... null: Cannot validate jar: Java heap space at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.getEjbJarInfo (EjbModuleBuilder.java:528) at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.initContext (EjbModuleBuilder.java:437) at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder$ $FastClassByCGLIB$$cd80af20.invoke(<generated>)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke (FastMethodInvoker.java:38) at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke (GBeanOperation.java:124) at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke (GBeanInstance.java:830)

This should not happen. Kevan, any suggestions on better memory settings?

Strange. Marcin, how big is your app?

Have you tried increasing your max heap space (e.g. -Xmx128m )?

Although possible, I find it a bit hard to believe that 1) your app is large enough to have you at the very limit of your heap space and 2) that adding @PostConstruct is putting you over the heap space limit. I wonder if there isn't a bug in the validation code...

Marcin, can you share your app with us?

--kevan